Helpful aviation apps.

Go down

Helpful aviation apps.  Empty Helpful aviation apps.

Post  Admin on Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:41 pm

Do you have any Iphone or Ipad apps that you feel are useful to aviation?

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://seakaa.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Helpful aviation apps.  Empty Helpful apps.

Post  N8033W on Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:02 pm

I really like Aero Weather mobile app. You can add any airport to your list. Also, you can have it show you DECODED Metar and TAF information. For you students, this means you can see what the weather is predicting for your next flight this afternoon and if you are going to be able to practice "cross wind landings", or just make the decision "go or no go". At the bottom of the the page, click on "AirNav.com" button and it will bring you to the everything you need to know about that airport. Runway lengths, widths, comms etc. If you look near the bottom of that you will even see current fuel prices to all of the airports.

I also really like (for a small fee $10) Radar Scope. You can choose what radar station you want to look at. See intensity of storms and how much rain may be in the clouds and in what direction it may be moving.

N8033W

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Helpful aviation apps.  Empty Fore Flight

Post  Admin on Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:08 pm

I heard Fore Flight was a good App!

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://seakaa.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Helpful aviation apps.  Empty Aeroweather

Post  N9788B on Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:28 pm

Aeroweather is free!

N9788B

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Helpful aviation apps.  Empty DUATS Mobile

Post  scropley on Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:26 am

I use DUATS, you can file or close a flight plan, get a Weather Briefing, check Winds Aloft and store Aircraft Profiles and Routes. It works well and I use the Non-Mobile at home or from the FBOs computers. And all at no cost.

I also use AirWX for a quick look at the weather at airports that I list as Favorites and it gives me all Sectionals. Although it also has Radar and other maps they are of little use, well at least to me.

Included is a handy E6B that is handy especially the part that requires your Planned Mach Number and the Actual Mach Number.

scropley

View user profile http://www.charteralaska.com

Back to top Go down

Helpful aviation apps.  Empty Duats

Post  N8033W on Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:20 am

I have not really used Duats. I try to call the Flight Service Station whenever possible. I have heard that the FAA is really keeping tabs on how many phone calls the FSS recieves, which is considered to be how much they are needed. I do check all the Apps and still call FSS. I want to make sure these guys and now gals are allowed to continue here in Sitka. Because they are an extra set of eyes for me. I have been meaning to play with Duats though.

The "flyby E6B" app that I have also has more information than I know what to do with. But when i am not so sure about the answer on my old paper round E6B, I use the app to double check my figures.

N8033W

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Helpful aviation apps.  Empty Re: Helpful aviation apps.

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down